AS SSD/HDD Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if I had added the files and done a restart the 2nd score would of been higher, but still lower than the initial base test. As you add more and more files the drive will slow down. But as you delete files the TRIM command restores your drive to it's optimal condition again.

I had to turn off AHCI in the bios to do the update. That was it.

So if your sata is running in AHCI mode, change it back to IDE, then run the update CD or USB you make, and when done don't forget to turn AHCI back on. :big_smile:

Ok, I did the 1.5 update. My problem is that my AHCI was off and mine is set to IDE. Do I need AHCI?

Here is my 30gb Vertex, post 1.5 firmware update. Hmmm, the score is lower:/ Any idea why its not higher?

as-ssd-benchOCZ-VERTEXATAD310201012.png

I'm confused, does your test mean the SSD runs better with less stuff on it?

Yes. They will always run better with more free space. See here:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/ssd-buy-227018/#post1783691

That's why my first score was so high. The only thing written/stored on the drive at that time was the data written by AS SSD.

Ok, I did the 1.5 update. My problem is that my AHCI was off and mine is set to IDE. Do I need AHCI?

Here is my 30gb Vertex, post 1.5 firmware update. Hmmm, the score is lower:/ Any idea why its not higher?

as-ssd-benchOCZ-VERTEXATAD310201012.png

Enabling AHCI should improve your score a bit.

Well my system suddenly wouldn't update so I did a re-install of Win 7 and used the AHCI Driver. This is with just Windows 7 and the Benchmark loaded :D

205 | Slaymate | OCZ Agility 120GB

2051strun.jpg

Hey there,

saw the question for RAIDed SSD's so i ran my two Patriots.

Its the Torqx M28 128GB (PTX128GS25SSDR) in RAID 0. Not too bad for a MLC SSD.

hu3c0i.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom