AS SSD/HDD Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's at 99% of original performance. SSDs will always have some degradation, but 99% is well within allowable amounts (obviously).
Yes i know lol, i was reasuring him that he should not lose much performance at all.

A new version of this Benchmark is available, version 1.5.3784.37609
AS SSD Benchmark download from Guru3D.com

I'm not sure what changes have been made but it seems like the test finished a little faster than the last time I ran it.

204p.jpg

The OCZ Agility 2 drives are pretty reasonable and have a several great sales.
yeah... saw the last shell shocker deal, 120GB for $239 after rebate
at just under $2 per GB is still hard to swallow.
I am waiting at least 'till Intel release their G3 drives... (may be as early as Q4 this year)

System: Asus P6T7 WS, I7-920@3.4GHz, 12GB
Storage: 6x OCZ Solid2 30GB @RAID5 on ICH10R (write caching enabled)

Raid array is under-partitioned to provide room for idle garbage collection (Solid2 uses indilinx like Vertex)
Array has been in use for 5 months as Win7 OS drive, no maintenance whatsoever has been done since.

asssdbenchvol0015082010.png

asssdbenchvol0015082010.png

Writes suck but I knew that upfront when I decided on RAID5, redundancy is more important as speed for me.
I also have an Areca 1220 in the same machine but all its ports are in use so I can't test RAID5 performance on that.

Just decided to register and post this because there seem to be no benches on big raid arrays using cheap SSD's.
I'm looking to get a Areca 1880 eventually + even more SSD's, should be interesting.

ASSSD.png

Disappointed with the sequential speeds for my Vertex 2E 60gb. Especially write, my HDD does better by 10mb/s. And only about 40percent worse on read.

It gets totally annihilated on the rest of them though, i like the speed of application responsiveness i guess.

It would perform a little better if you had installed Windows with AHCI enabled instead of using the IDE settings.

Have you ran the SSD Tweak Utility? SSD Tweak Utility download from Guru3D.com

Do you have TRIM enabled?
How do you know if TRIM is working?

Go to the Command Prompt and type:

fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify
<Enter>

DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Windows TRIM commands are disabled)
DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Windows TRIM commands are enabled)

How do I Enable TRIM?

fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 0
<Enter>

How do I Disable TRIM?

fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 1
<Enter>

Make sure to empty your recycle bin before you run the Benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom