Speedfan

Status
Not open for further replies.
concerning speedfan, wayniac, have you actually managed to change ur fan's speeds? cuz mine wont change when i change the percentage :(

The program is really picky when it comes to motherboards.
It'll work for some, but not others, there is no way to make it work, unless you email the creator, and ask for support.

zeroordie said:
concerning speedfan, wayniac, have you actually managed to change ur fan's speeds? cuz mine wont change when i change the percentage :(

Yeah, I managed to change the fan speeds successfully.

Does anyone know what Remote and Local temps are yet?

on my speedfan. my local temp is the heatsink side of my evga 6800GT. and the remote is the side facing the top of the case. speed fan doesnt read my actual gpu temp. i have to get my gpu temp from the default nvidia control panel

My problem now becomes: what is Temp3?

I checked, and Local is the same as the Ambient temp for my graphics card.

Also, is 26 c for my motherboard hot? I have no idea what the temp on a motherboard should be around... can anyone please give me some input?

Also, is 57 c for an idle GPU core too hot? If so, how do I bring it down?

Thanks... I guess I was just comparing it to CPU temp... and it seemed kinda hot to me. But then again, I guess the only thing you can base CPU temps on are... well, CPUs. Thanks everyone!

Wayniac said:
Thanks... I guess I was just comparing it to CPU temp... and it seemed kinda hot to me. But then again, I guess the only thing you can base CPU temps on are... well, CPUs. Thanks everyone!

true. gpu's run hotter than cpu's. alot hotter. that wont be the case when nvidia releases the G70 woth the 90nm process

So how hot can a GPU get before it is unsafe for it?

Also, any idea how much the G70 is going to cost (just out of curiosity)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom