sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on what you have in your system me my self i would do both better card and better speakers to handle that card and if you are looking at a card Soundblaster 5.1 is a good card also nVidia is a good card then get the speakers to go with it

I think you should decide first if you want 5.1 or jsut 2.1 then also what inputs you need on your soundcard (digital in and out etc..).
You should spend a small amount on the sound card, get a sound blaser audigy player or something (as long as it does everything you want) then spend more on the speakers as you should notice most difference here.

i wouldn't go for a logi, they r pretty crap, buy a sony set and mix it wit ur soundcard, preferably one with an active sub, id say about 350Watt RMS should do, or iff u really want GR8 SPKS get a Bose system!
make sure to get a 5.1 card with good frequency range!

Wilko you are miss informed.Put logi against anything but Klip's and they cost a ton for speaker's and decoder.Dude is just buying computer speaker's not making a concert hall.

Honestly, it all depends on your motherboard. If you already have 5.1 or 2.1 support in your mobo, there really is no need for a sound card. If you have 5.1 or 2.1 support, get a decent set of pc speakers with the subwoofer for around 100 bucks, and plug the subwoofer into the blue audio port on you mobo's back panel. It will work just fine. I am running a 150$ 400w set of pc speakers, they are 4.1 and my mobo utilizes the nforce2 chipset audio very very well. The are louder than most 200-300$ shelf speaker systems I see in Best Buy. And they are LOGITECH, i would recommend logitech speakers to anyone due to the great price/quality ratio.

thanks alot guys...deadguy is right tho im not trying to set up a concert hall...i will look into some speakers around 100$

Deffinetly choose between 2.1 and 5.1... 2.1 is easy as far as the speaker part goes, but alot of the good sound cars out now, have 5.1, which u could allways upgrade to later. And IMO, whatever u get for speakers, dont get bose.... Overpriced and dont sound good. Especially the pc ones.

its kind of hard to say what to get first though. i would most likley get a soundcard first, mostly because they are cheaper, then get speakers to match. But thats up to you.

I recomend some nice Klipsch or logitech speakers, both seam to sound good. For sound card, 5.1, 2.1, w/e, but deffinatly get 24 bit. I personally would go for the klipsch, because of the upgrade options, which, if you wanna spend another $100, you can get the preamp, which has pro-logoic 2, so you can make 2.1 into 5.1.... Anyway, go to a store and try out some stuff, see what you like. Hope i helped... Yay, first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom