Soul Savage Worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
not as behind as as jumping bean and myself

I've been running on the same abysmally slow and unstable Gateway Laptop for 4 years... I finally got so sick of it that I saved an entire year to afford a good replacement. This build is costing me a LOT, and I may not even get to keep it if my financial situation doesn't turn back around and I have to sell it to afford college in the fall.

is that the coolermaster stacker server case, the one the centurion 5 is based on??

Cooler Master CM Stacker 810 Full Tower, yes.

I'm putting a lot of drives in it, and possibly LC as well, so size matters, as does the good airflow and cooling.

Soul Savage Worklog - UPDATE

Updates...

First of all, a correction: the case is a Cooler Master CM Stacker T-01... virtually identical to the 810, but not quite the same.

I've finished the internal wiring (mostly - you'll note the unplugged cable because for some absurd reason it broke my soundcard to plug it in... still need to figure that one out)

Added Red UV-reactive sleeving to tidy up some of the bigger bundles of wires.

I have a secondary 12" Red cold cathode light and a 12" UV cold cathode light, which are swappable - neither is in at the moment, but I can place one along the side in the case depending on how much light I want. I might end up adding a metal shield to the side of the case so the secondary cathode doesn't shine out when it's in place vertically.

The Red UV reactive sleeving glows an orange-yellow (rather than red) under UV light, so I'm not too thrilled about that.

I have an EL Wire kit with about 4' of Red EL wire, but I'm not sure where to put it, so I'm leaving it out for now.

I'm considering it finished at this point, though it may still undergo some future tweaking, I'm satisfied with it for now.

Here's the side view of the case:
compsidehl4.jpg

and here's a picture of the full system setup:
dscf0007wq6.jpg

Note the size of the G15 keyboard... with it, I only have room on my desk for the two joysticks, OR the mouse. I have to move the one Joy forward to use my mouse.
Also shown in the above picture: PC, monitor, APC UPS, some of my 7.1 speakers (incl. really big subwoofer). My workspace is decidedly cramped....

WOW, sweet rig. I spot an APC, good call.
Try to unplug the APC input and see if its true that the resulting EMP will erase everything around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom