Sony Vaio Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3t4burner

Beta member
I read a lot of problems about overheating for Vaio Laptops on the web, I'm having serious overheating problems, when I change the laptop with heavy loads under full CPU usage the laptop turns itself off.

It's a SONY VAIO PCG-GRZ630 2.4GHZ

Did someone had any troubles like mine, how did you solve it?

Looks like the BIOS has some kind of protection against overheating and turn the laptop off for safety reasons, but that sensor could be faulty as some comments on the web.

I'll appreciate any kind of help

Hey thanks a lot for the reply, I live in Lima Peru bought the laptop at Arlington's Fry's, it's almost impossible to send it to them, here in Peru we do not have Sony Warranty, So I think I'm screwed, My mother will travel next week to Miami maybe she could take the laptop with her to some Sony technical service.

I tried to enter the bios with F2 but couldn't find the shutdown temp.

I was having that overheating problem too but all it took wasw a can of compressed air to the processor to clean it and the temp dropped from 175F to 150F max. I can game now with it. No shut downs. I might have been more mad at it but I got it new for $500. THATS a good deal anyway.

Hey thanks Boink, I opened the laptops months ago when It couldn't even play NFS for 1 minute and found out than there was a BIG DUST RUG over the cooling fan, so the technitian clean all that dust and the laptop is working great since then.
BTW Sony technical service sucks!!!, big dissapointment. I heard a lot of laptops even Toshiba have this kind of overheating problems but the solution is to clean up the fun or buying a can on compressed air to blow everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom