Sonata II Worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.

decibaL

Custom User Title
Wassup techies!

My aunt is getting a new computer and I was in charge of what to recommend. Honestly, I was going for Dell but I have so many cases lying around I have to get rid of them. Therefore, over the next few days my business partner and I will be putting together her computer. Oh yeah, and this won't be a slack-job, details will be perfect (or else we die) and wiring will be sublime. Hope you guys enjoy the build.

Heres a teaser for now...

Specs: AMD 3600+ X2, Gigabyte 6100 AM2, Kingston 2x1GB, WD 160 HD, Samsung 18x, Hiper 530 PSU, Antec Sonata II, etc.

Note: I went with AMD because it was 103.76 cheaper than the Intel config. so please don't argue and say I should have gotten C2D.

Alrighty, I started opening boxes and put everything together. The computer is in the testing phase, so I didn't want to organize the cables yet (it would be useless if one of the parts came D.O.A.). Here are some pics on the parts and tomorrow I'll post the finished work. - sorry for the blurry pics, my cybershot is getting old -

Ugh, you should have gone C2D ;) :D Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Those 3600s are mega-cheap for dual cores. So, if cheap is what you wanted then, good plan.

Also, out of curiousity, why did you get a 7600GS? The motherboard has onboard video. Is there going to be some gaming on this pc? I just think if I were to build my aunt a pc, I would be onboard all the way:D

Technically my aunt wanted a new computer for her son and she specifically asked for it to be able to handle gaming. So I got a 7600gs and dumped the onboard.

**** those Hiper PSUs look great.
I'm totaly getting one, or modding a PSU to be like that for my next build. :D

Nice work, overall very clean. The Sonata II really is a great case don't you think

my god, that monitor looks pretty sweet, what make/model is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom