Something's dead, don't know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipinmyhead

Solid State Member
So I had my PSU apart last night trying to get the fan working (and did). While it was open, it fell from where I had it propped, and shorted against the video card, I thought. I heard and saw an arc. At that point the comp. was running, but I had no picture. The monitor works on another machine, but when hooked to this one, won't even turn on.

I brought the card to work today, popped it in a comp, and it works. So is it the AGP slot that's dead? I'm working with a PIII 650 Mhz. Thanks.

try the card in another computer if u can cause i think it is proll ur card is damaged see what u can get warranty wize if there is no noticable damage just say it just stopped working on ya lol

timmer... he siad he tried the card in a differnet comp... so.. im guessing its the AGP slot..

I would consider replacing that power supply if I were you. Losing the cooling fan on a pow supply is not good. Can you trust it?

What and how was it not working in the first place?

Sorry to heard about your mishap. If misery gives you company a while ago I thoght the power was off on my PC. I try to build silent PC's and this was really silent and needed no additional fans. An Underclocked machine. Well I pulled a card out of it while it was on and fried everything. All my PCI cards, motherboard, etc. Unlucky for the manufacturers my stupidity was under warranty. Lucky for me the one card cost about 300.00 in it.

Try a different card in that computer, a known working AGP card. more than likely there is a big problem with your motherboard and it will steadily get worse. You may have even screwed the PSU, try THAT PSU in a different computer, and try a different card in the computer in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom