Something Seriously Wrong With My CPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel-Zero

In Runtime
Hey,

I just got a Q6600 G0 running in my system along with a Gigabyte P35-DS4 and now I am having a fair bit of trouble with it.

The temperatures that I am getting for the cpu are insane. In BIOS it says that the system temperature is 35 degrees but my CPU temperature is 85 degrees! This is insane. It is also terribly unstable. I tried to run a 3Dmark06 and pretty much 10 seconds after the CPU1 Test started it just turned off.

I can't use CoreTemp to monitor the temps because when I open the program nothing happens and then the computer just turns off.

Also, I disabled the SMART Fan control thing and the CPU attempted to start then turned off then started successfully but I think the BIOS just reset itself. It seems to do this every time I restart.

I was running at 2.4 GHz 270 * 9 with 1.2065v after the reset CPU-Z is telling me I am at 2.4GHz 266 * 9 with 1.168 Volts.

THIS IS REALLY CONFUSING ARRRGH PLEASE HELP

check to see if you applied your Cooler correctly, check if the thermal paste spread well....

also CPU-z Voltage readings are known to be incorrect a lot

I didn't apply any thermal grease because the stock HSF already has it applied does it not? If I take the HSF off don't I have to replace the thermal grease? Oh and do you know if computer stores would sell AS5 because I bought this stuff from a computer market and I figure I'll try putting thermal grease on their and see if it fixes it.

I just went into BIOS and got a reading of 105 degrees... This is really scaring me. Oh that was after I tried to play Crysis at 1680 x 1050 and medium settings. The computer just turned off after about 2 seconds of black and yellow screwed up graphics.. **** my P4 did better than this.

I didn't apply any thermal grease because the stock HSF already has it applied does it not? If I take the HSF off don't I have to replace the thermal grease? Oh and do you know if computer stores would sell AS5 because I bought this stuff from a computer market and I figure I'll try putting thermal grease on their and see if it fixes it.

I just went into BIOS and got a reading of 105 degrees... This is really scaring me. Oh that was after I tried to play Crysis at 1680 x 1050 and medium settings. The computer just turned off after about 2 seconds of black and yellow screwed up graphics.. **** my P4 did better than this.

ya you would need to reapply it, but what cooler are you using? stock???

and you overclocked with the stock cooler???? well its ok if you didn't up the voltage.. but you did... that causes more heat... time to get a new cooler

I didn't overclock. It was at 1.6 GHz and I pushed it to the STOCK 2.4 GHz and it is unstable as ****.... :(

Also I had to up the voltage as it is the only way to turn EIST off on my motherboard. For some reason there is no EIST function setting which I can disable in the BIOS.

The stock coolers for Conroes do not come with thermal grease on them.. at least mine didn't! You're not using any, then you're screwed lol. Those temps are insane, and something is screwed up there, seriously. If you ask me, I say this supposed computer market you're going with is screwing you over big time.

Either get some MX-1/2 or AS5 thermal paste, and reapply that to the stock cooler.......or, get a Tuniq with MX-1/2 or AS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom