Someone please tell me what NATIVE 720 support means

Status
Not open for further replies.

enGRAVEr

Baseband Member
My MB says it supports ddr 667/533/400, then on the next line states NATIVE 720. When it reffers to the native 720, exactly what is it stating.

I am running the ram @ 533, but would like to ramp it up to at least 667. Or, if the ram can take it up to 700 or 720. I have looked on the manufacturers site and they say all kinds of nice things both on the MB and Mem sites, and yes, I have contacted the RAM website for help. I just have not heard anything back from them yet.

Any help appreciated.

I have had one response that said the ram supported either 533 OR 700, but is this to say that nothing in between? I really do not want to mess around in BIOS too much without knowing what it is I am setting as the system is stable right now and scores and performs well.

of course it'll support the speeds in between...it's just giving you the stock and max manufacturer guaranteed speeds.

Don't know what it's specifically meaning by 'native' unless it just means that's what the board was made to run at or something

As mentioned, I have already contacted the MB and Mem manufacturer and asked them how to get this ram set to at least the 667 mark. Just have not heard anything from them.

I prefer to not unlock anything other than what I must to get the ram up. When I get the info on this I will put it in here.

It does not seem that too many people are using this board. Well, hopefully someone is that has gotten the speed I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom