Some things you never knew about PC Power & Cooling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
We all know PC Power and cooling is the tops when it comes to power supplies. But did we know just how great they are?

I was looking around on their website and I found that you can actually have customized power supplies built. This is what they allow, and I am sure you could ask for anything else.
Custom Power Supply Options from PC Power and Cooling
"
Additional current on any DC output
Custom cabling and connectors (both AC and DC)
Custom AC switches and receptacles
Custom input capacitors (maximum hold-up time)
Preload for +5VDC output (non-PC applications)
Remote sense (voltage regulation option)
Cooling fan upgrades (increase CFM and MTBF)
Ruggedization of circuitry (abnormal vibration)
Externally-adjustable voltages (component testing)
"

Now thats just tasty, most notable is the ability to externally adjust Voltages. OCZ has a few power supplies that can do this already. This is especially meaningful for overclockers and extreme moders...! Not to mention the fact that you can manually adjust a rail back to within tolernce if it is out of spec...

Ill have to do that next time I purchase another PC Power and cooling product.

They also have a long list of very useful accessories that I never knew exsisted in their sales.
Accessories from PC Power and Cooling
Included on that list are 20-24 Pin converts, 6 to 8 pin converters, Extra Ohm connectors and power supply testers...

You can also order any of their power supplies right off the site and sometimes they are cheaper than they sell at retail sites such as newegg. Sometimes. For example the 860 trubo Cool is about 290 usd on newegg but if you order it off PC Power and cooling website it is only 275 ish.

PC power and Cooling also offers the best Dell Compatible Power supplies.
https://shop.pcpower.com/products/power_supplies/dell/
All products have a minimum 5 years warranty and the industrial grade ones are 7 years.

And no, I don't work for them. :p

Yet.....

very nice....i never have used a pc pwer and cooling PSU but i have heard they are great and i will probably use one next time i upgrade. For now, i am sticking with my Corsair 520hx and tagan 1100watt.

You coould build a pretty cool custom PSU with all of those options.

There are so many great brands.. Mostly because they usually either make power supplies for each other or use the SAME OEM companies to produce the internal components.. But PC Power and cooling seems to just put the cherry on the top. If you catch my drift..

Sorry, when you were talking about OCZ having power supplies with the adjustabke rails just like PPC i was like well yeah they own PPC.

The designs are the pretty much the same, when OCZ took over PC power and cooling they allowed the models of PC Power and cooling to remain the same, such as they did with thier own power supplies.

Not that it really matters since practically no brand actually makes thier own power supplies.

but thw quality of PC Power and cooling PSU's have always been one step above OCZ, even if they now own them..

but thw quality of PC Power and cooling PSU's have always been one step above OCZ, even if they now own them..

Sorry to dig an oldie up but is this still true that PC Power are superior to OCZ. Their website says they are part of the OCZ group so you would assume you are getting the same quality but not being an expert I would like to know if this still stands.

Thinking of a new project in the next few months so this info would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom