Some Questions about Overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i want to buy a system thats is fairly cheap but is easily very overclockable. Ok I have heard i should get a 3200 but now those chips suck at overclocking after the first 18 weeks. The question is whats another cpu that's not too expensive but overclocks good too.

My second question was if I overclock my cpu do I have to have good ram. Also what's good ram (2x512mb) sticks to get, that if I need to have decent ram to oc cpu good or it will give me better performance, which one then?

My third question is I want a 7800gt but which one would oc the most and have the best chance to unlock pipelines. (I know it's luck):mad:

My whole point of this was to build a fairly cheap pc with alot of potential in the form of overclocking.

is a draw of luck. and if you know is luck then why ask. Any i cant help on the 7800 i dont know. but on the cpu side if you goona game then your 3200 will plenty enough to run any games. in games(NOTE This) the graphic card is the focus device. So when you buy you computer make sure u have a good GPU and then get a 3000-3500 anythign above is overkill.

RAM-->OCZ Platinum performence RAM
You could change your CPU to a 2Ghz Opteron for better overclocking.

Moving to overclocking

Will answer your questions tomorow...too tired right now, hopefully someone else can help you out for the time being

Ok yeah I was going to go opteron but i wanted a dual core but once again way to expensive and at that point i would have got a gtx 512. Lol. The ram i figured ocz and maybe 2gb ram but 1 for now.

The Athlon 64's have good overclocking currently. You're just not going to be getting MAD overclocks like the first processors they put out. The reason being is that the original processors were all similar, and all they did was downclock the lower end ones. For example, the 3000, 3200, and 3500 were all the same processor with the same L1 and L2 cache. So, realistically, they were all 3500 processors, and the 3000 and 3200 were downclocked.

You want overclocking ram if you'll be overclocking in the future.
Patriot 2x512:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220006

Get an eVGA 7800gt if you want a good card. generally speaking, all of the brands of video cards overclock pretty well the same. It's a slight difference, because different brands use different/better parts. eVGA is a popular one.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom