Some Advice on these parts plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

guildenstern

Solid State Member
Hi, trying to build a comp, here is what I'm planning to buy so far...any advice would be appreciated.

Mobo:
Abit AN8 Abit AN8 nForce4 Athlon 64(FX) Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail
$140

Processor:
Evga 256P2N376AX eVGA e-GeForce 6800 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video card w/Dual DVI Retail
$379

CPU+RAM:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor Socket 939 & Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 Value Select Memory Bundle
$350

Case:
Lian-Li pc-6077b case
$120.50

DVD:
BenQ DW1625 16X Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive (Black) w/ Lightscribe
$99

HD:
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer
2x$64.9

= $1218.3

Can someone recommend a good PSU to go with this also?

Otherwise, is this a decent setup?

Yeah, I looked at the DFI, but I've heard that the Abit is much more user-friendly and also the Lian-Li case doesn't have a window so any lights and fireworks are unnecessary.

It's just most people here lean towards DFI, so I wouldn't be suprised if you got some recommendations for DFI motherboards.

But apart from that, it's a nice setup.

Oh and also, I got an LCD monitor that I want to hook up to the DVI port on the vid card, that'd be possible right?

Abit is more user friendly. But for OC, DFI is better. I have a Abit mobo, it works really good. I just dont like its OC setup. You really have your computer specs messed up lol.

For your RAM, make sure you get 2 512mb sticks. Not just a single gigabtye stick. Socket 939's have a 128bit dual channel memery controler. This is REAL dual channel ram, unlike 754 and Intels dual channel ram. If you dont have dual sticks of ram. You cannot utilize this. So your system wont work as fast.

good setup but the case kinda bothers me with the ventilation because amd cpu's do usually have a higher temperature then intel cpu's unless ur not using ur stock cooler. its really up to you

actually little mistake on last reply i decided to read the specs and it says good ventilation.

Lol, AZNBoi.. are you crazy???

You all know im an Intel fan but not even I can say the AMDS are hotter than pentiums!!

Rest of the setup, looks great.. Abit are in the middle with overclocking.. just make sure you dont go for Asus if ur overclocking.. im still awaiting my new board to come in :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom