Socket 939 Opterons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to get a CABNE that ISN'T week 40. Those will overclock the best.

CAB2Es are pretty much hit-and-miss.

CABGEs are the lowest overclocking of them all.

Ok so i was gonna get a 3700+ w/ my newly purchased DFI board. Which should i get, one of these Opterons or the 3700+? I know how to OC pretty good soooo....

Taken from the hijacked thread:

Flanker said:
Try to get a CABNE that ISN'T week 40. Those will overclock the best.

CAB2Es are pretty much hit-and-miss.

CABGEs are the lowest overclocking of them all.

How do I know if it is week 40 or not? Also does that mean that all the CABNE's after week 40 are good too, or they stopped making CABNE's at week 40 in which case all the previous weeks are better?

Please check my other thread and post Opteron related things in there so we don't clutter up this thread.

CABNEs, CABYEs, CAB2Es, and CABGEs are all made in the same weeks (I think) so there isn't really, "They stopped making this so they went on to this." You'll find Week 40 CABNEs as well as CABGEs. On the IHS, it'll say 05--. In the place of the -- there is a number that is the week #.

So the one pictured on Neweggs site is a CABNE Week 28? Lol I think I get it. Yes gaara you have started an epidemic, it's as if I have been shown the light lol.

I've split all of the off topic posts dealing with the Opteron and merged them with this topic...please keep all discussions related to 939 Opterons here...thanks

I've just ordered a 165 Opteron from ncix...it's a special order so it won't be here for 2-3 weeks but I will let you know how it turns out when I get it

ooooh big spender.

send me your venice.....I'll send you mine so all your losing is a few hundred MHz on a CPU you won't need :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom