Socket 1366 cooler installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartech

In Runtime
I'm planning to go water cooling for my future PC (COre i7 920 @ 4GHz). I think to get Thermaltake Big Water 735 cooling kit, which is simple, but must do the job.

The problem is that the cooling kit comes with brackets adopted for LGA 775 and some AMD CPUs. Nothing mentioned about 1366 socked (its too new)

So is the cooler mounts on 1366 are the same as 775? Or can i combine it in any other way??

No, the cooler mounts on the LGA1366 are not the same as the LGA775.

The Thermaltake Big Water is a poor cooling solution for the i7 920. A good Air-Cooling setup will outperform it all day long.

Hmm wierd u saying that, i viewed through some charts and generally any liquid cooling (ethilene-glycol, not water) gets better and silenter results than any air system of the close price level.

Why u think this way?

With a price tag of $120 for the big water I would take a TRUE 120 any day of the week for $70. While there is a chance that the bigwater might get slightly lower temps than the TRUE it is not worth the extra $50.

Slay and I have ran i7's comfortable at 4.0 with the true copper and true 120 respectively.

For H2O I would do it right the first time and start with something like this at $201.
Petra's Tech Shop

Way better pump, better block. 2x120 rad vs a 1x120 rad on the bigwater. The i7 creates a lot of heat and a 1x120 rad is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom