So, I want some Samsung TCCD, but which ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truebe

In Runtime
So, I want so Samsung TCCD chips when I build my system. I was originally going to get some G.Skill memory, but they no longer sell them at newegg and i think that G.Skill is gone now? Then I thought about getting some OCZ Plat Rev2 but they are using TCC5 chips now and those aren't doing as well, right?

So i went Here and I found some memory with TCCD. Here's what i got going so far.

Kingston Hyper X ULK2
Patriot XBLK

Looking towards the Patriots. What do you guys think?

Patriot was what I was going to recommend...however last time I checked Kingston HyperX uses BH-5's not TCCDs

I just RMA'd my Patriot XBLKs today because they wouldn't even allow me to LOOSEN the cas latency without getting errors...go figure...it'd run at CL2 just fine, but then loosening it to 2.5 would cause restarts before windows even loaded.

but yeah, dude Rgone at Dfi-street who works for DFI said he had a similar problem, and then on the other side of that, he had another pair of Patriots that'd overclock like the wind...plus I think realistically I may have hurt my RAM in the nf3 board, too much voltage, no fan blowing on them, either way IMO they are good RAM....should still be Samsung TCCDs with brainpower PCB as far as I'm aware not this TCC5 BS

NAH, SCREW corsair aright.......ARIGHT!?

430/1100 - 5752 - 3dmark05
425/1050 - 13,150 - 3dmark03

are those still your highest benches? I've had em for a while, but that nf3 board was impossible to get close to those, 12,700 is highest I got with that buggy bastard, but the chipset is better on this nf4 so I'll be able to OC my graphics further....HOWEVER, my RAM is out on RMA right now, but I just wanted to see if those were still your scores I need to beat :p

5704 was my highest 3dmark05....got MIGHTY close to that one

NAH, SCREW corsair aright.......ARIGHT!?
LOL, I was going to add *don't tell Nubius*, but I held back :p Hey, they're still TCCD's ;)

430/1100 - 5752 - 3dmark05
425/1050 - 13,150 - 3dmark03

are those still your highest benches?

I haven't run 05 since then, but I did re-run 03 with a higher CPU clock (I figured 05 was all GPU anyways so I didn't bother). New score and specs below.

13,765 3Dmark03

CPU = 3.8Ghz @ 271x14
GPU = 430/1190

Edit: Oh, you're not going to like this. I re-ran it at 433/1170 and....

6005!!!

Now, this is the first time I stopped it prior to running the CPU tests and stuff, but I was told that doesn't effect the score. Here is a link :D

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1242126

Here is 03 as well BTW

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4148658

I see their are no CPU tests run....hmm....I coulda sworn there wasn't the option to turn them off in the free downloadable version COUGH COUGH...oh but you 'stopped' it (even though stopping it doesnt produce a score :p)
, and then in 3dmark03 theres no CPU tests, or fill rates, or anything like that.......PSHT..

I'll have to run mine under the same circumstances and see what happens, but yeah I gotta wait until my RAM gets back from RMA, then see how far they go, blah blah blah...

But seeing how this DAMN venice only goes to 2.575GHz I think it'd take a might hefty OC on graphics card and RAM to get up to you which honestly probably wont be possible.

BTW: The orb for 3dmark03 says:

Core Clock 369 MHz

Memory Clock 1188 MHz

I see their are no CPU tests run....hmm....I coulda sworn there wasn't the option to turn them off in the free downloadable version COUGH COUGH...oh but you 'stopped' it (even though stopping it doesnt produce a score )
Just hit Esc after the last GPU test. You still get a score and from what I read it doesn't effect the score ;)

BTW: The orb for 3dmark03 says:

Core Clock 369 MHz

Memory Clock 1188 MHz
Yeah, that's not right obviously :p I think it must of grabbed the specs either before it went into 3D mode, or after it dropped back down. IDK But yeah, I am not going to get that score at 370/1190 lol

BTW, this was the first time I ran 05 on the new drivers, that might of made a pretty big difference as well...

BTW, sorry Truebe for hijacking your thread :)

It's cool.

Oh and I'm not a big fan of corsair.

BTW, does Twinmos have tccd chips?

Just hit Esc after the last GPU test. You still get a score and from what I read it doesn't effect the score
LIES, LIES I tell you, if you hit escape it comes up saying "Benchmark aborted" with no score, just give it up, I'VE FOUND YOU OUT!!

BTW, does Twinmos have tccd chips?
Believe they had BH-5s also

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50010

check that out, a nice comprehensive list of memory brands and chips they use...don't know when the last time it was updated though.

It looks like the TwinMOS TwisterPro uses Samsung TCCDs

The twinmos valueRAM used to have winbond UTTs and they stopped producing those =/

And apparently I'm a 'biased noob' because I suggested those TwinMOS sticks to people for a long time because they were cheap and would overclock lol (long story from another thread)

BTW, that thing says it was editied august 23 so I guess it's more up to date than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom