SO i overclocked..i think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteg

Baseband Member
i went into BIOS and increased my CPU multiplier. After saving the setting and rebooting, my PC still showed the frequency as 1.3ghz in BIOS. Then i got into windows and looked at the Computer Properites, yet it still showed 1.3ghz.

is there any program out there that will let me know exactly how fast i am running at this moment? Preferrably a program that works in Windows.

www.cpuid.com has a program called CPU-Z works like WCPUID except WCPUID goes into a lot more indepth, but basically CPU-Z will tell you everything you need to know.

the windows properties should show you and the bios. you gotta bump up the fsb for the multyplier to work.
Uhh that makes no sense, you can raise the Multiplier, and that be the only thing you can do. If upon restarting he doesn't have a higher clock speed then it's either one of two things. Either he has a locked multiplier on the CPU, or his computer didn't like the new settings and defaulted to the original stock, so no you aren't overclocking yet.

What CPU and motherboard do you have?

It doesn't sound like you quite know all the basics of OC'ing yet. I suggest you take a look at the sticky at the top of the thread. Very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom