So I Oced my 3000 wini to 3500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

efd753

In Runtime
finally i was able to fidn the ram divider in my Gygabyte board. I went ahead and lower the ltd to 3x and raised the htt to 220, then 230, then 240, the 250. It cant do 250 so i went to 248 it works. The temps are 35 idle 40 load that fine. I tried my games and to my surprise :( no speed gained. Css still doing 90-93 fps with 3500 speeds. as with stock. So i thought i could up the ltd and that would help. In my bois I put the ltd on 4x and widnows loads but it hangs on the sing in screen. My ram is on stock 201 mhz and stock lantencies.

So since i didnt get any speed can i rule that ocign a 3000(939 wini) to 3500 doesnt give a speed increase?

I oc my Gpu though i can see the difference by 5-10 fps.

Can something else be messing up that i would get no speed increase? The Ltd beign 3x?

Nah, it's in the video card. Your processor is enough to run everything in the background of CsS without OC'ing. Your processor is ready to be taxed with the extra load, but it was already doing the work just fine.

Like I said, it's your video card that you need to OC before you see significant fps gains. Anyway, what's the problem? Your eye can't even detect much of a difference between 50 fps and 90. You ought to leave it like it is, but that's my opinion. Good luck with your OC'ing!

Ryan

BTW, what video card do you have? Some other guys may have suggestions and/or tricks to optimize your card. ie, optimal frequencies and pipe unlocking programs.

Ryan

I have a pny 6600 gt. the temps suck on the card 40-50 idle 80-100 load on stock and oc so i said what the hell might aswell oc if im get thoses same temps on stock.

run 3dmark01 or even futuremark for that matter...run it at stock 3000+ settings and your OC'd CPU settings, and THEN you'll notice the fruits of your labor.

like Fghtin said...on those games you mentioned, you'll only notice an increase in FPS if you OC your video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom