So I finally got my new computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashora

Solid State Member
So I set it up last night and am currently using stock cooling while waiting for my Ultra 120 eXtreme to arrive.

I find the stock heat adhesive to be annoying to remove from the CPU and figured I wouldn't need it much anyway, but I never expected temperatures to be so low.

This is with a Direct x 9 game running in the background and around 4 other windows open, 51% CPU usage. (Stock Cooling on the E6600, no adhesive, ambient temperatures are at around 26 degrees Celsius)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/oOShearoOo/coretemp1.jpg

35/37 Degrees at half load in a heated room? Wow.

I may try to OC with current cooling.

Push it a little bit and see how quickly the temp rises. Stock cooling is efficient at dispersing heat at a certain rate but when the heat comes faster than the dispersion rate the numbers add up quickly.

I agree as i have the same chip and mine runs @38 cel.. BUT IT IS FING HOT MY A/C IS NOT WORKING. Stock cooling worked until I raised the chip to 2.8 then the temps went up like 10..

ashora were are you from that your room is heated in the middle of the summer? south of the equator?

England, it was in the morning so I had the heating on.

Oh and I don't have it on now, CPU is running at 34/33.

My e6600 at 3.0ghz idled at 27c during the winter and summer 32c. Even today at 3.4ghz still w/stock cooling highest idle temp w/a.c. on is 37c. Without the a/c it jumps to 43c idle.

what do u use to look at the temperature? I want to overclock my system but really have no idea where to start. Hehe, my mother board has this specific thing that you have to do before you can overclock it or something im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom