slow-ish start up but fine after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
as title, BUT, ive just wiped the HDD and started over 2 days ago, i think ive done pretty much everything like sorting out startup programmes and disabling some service that arent needed, but it still takes slightly longer to boot up that it did BEFORE i re-formated? is it just me or is that very strange? normally its the other way round isnt it?:confused:

when you press the on button, to the moment you see the desktop and its ready to use,

As i said before it was slightly quicker before i wiped the HDD clean, its not that long but definatly longer and i thought its strange as it should be quicker not slower?

well, everthing ive installed works perfectly, so i guess they must be installed properly

either that or the O.S. was not installed so smoothly... or maybe it was a bad O.S. disc (not defective just not a very good one)

Some computers just have slower start up times after a bit of use than others. Mine starts in less than 10 seconds after a fresh format, but the next time I do a format it will take a tad bit longer.

Uncheck everything in msconfig. If you don't know how, just go to Start -> Run, and type msconfig. Then click the "startup" tab and uncheck everything, except things you want there. Nothing checked/unchecked here will hurt the OS any, and will not screw anything up.

If you have SP2, get Microsoft Bootvis. It helped me a great deal.

Try deleting/moving excessive desktop icons. You could try defragmenting aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom