Slightly Underclocked Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
I have my memory slightly underclocked right now (300mhz from 350mhz stock), just because It goes unstable with the CPU clock being so high, so lowering makes it stay stable. But, can slowed memory take a hit on your frames per second? Because I have been getting some low-ish framerates in some games. Can low memory frequencies degrade FPS?

yes, thats like asking if your running a game like COD4 with 64mb of ram, whehter or not you'd take a hit

350 mhz is already crazy slow... what ram are you running?

also, as you raise the FSB the ram speed is raised so your probably at like 330 or 325

im not sure i understand you question, but i have my memory underclocked to 712 (356) so it can runs 1:1 fsb:ram try syncing your membery to your fsb

I was asking what ram you had, but its in yoru sig

anyways... I said that when you raise your FSB especially if your at a 1:1, your ram speed gets raised as well, so even if you select a speed of say, 700mhz in the bios, it'll be more during real world usage, say 735 or 750 or 800 etc.

why did you say 350? or 300? since when is the frequency doubled or halved or w/e?

or... are you saying that you took the divider down from its stock to make it 1:1 which downclocked the ram? If so, find a better divider since 1:1 isn't good as it downclocks... or just overclock more

mines 300, which is half cuz its ddr. 400mhz is ddr800, 300mhx would be ddr600 speeds.

you mean ddr667.
and no, it's not that big of a deal IF you have super tight timings.
if you have loose timings and have to underclock it like that, it sucks.
you should really be able to run 3-3-3-9 1T at that speed. at least 3-3-3-9-2T.

I got it up to 425mhz and 5-5-5-15-2t by just knocking 50mhz off my cpu, 3dmark score jumped by doing it, so Im happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom