SLI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeslangley

Baseband Member
Hey I could go ask our friend mr Google but you guys already know the answer.

How does SLI work, do you run two cards nexdt to each other and in that case how do you find a MB that has two PCI-E slots ?

Now I have never seen a PCI-E MB so I am assuming thats just like the old PCI slots so the MB infact has 4 or so ?

Is it like the good old days with the Voodoo cards where you ran a cable from one card to the next ?

Whoa, youre way off. Most a single PCI-e mobo will have only one PCI-e slot, and an SLi mobo will have 2. the rest of the slots will be PCI. For SLi, you insert identical VidCards in each PCI-e slot and use the bridge to attach them together. So to find a Mobo with SLi, go with the nVidia n-Force 4 SLi chipset, its the best.

PCI E 8x are backwards compatible with PCI cards, however PCI E 16X is only for graphic cards at the moment. ATI's crossfire is cheaper to do, IMO because you don't have to have a identical cards, 1 is the 'master" and the other one can be a different card to my knowledge.

hi buddies

have you seen loser link removed
its a great site for hardware products

loser link removed

dude no one cares tony i hope this guy gets banned, hes been posting that everywhere

and SLI is just a waste of money, i mean you think you would bet twice the performance but really you only get like 10-20%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom