SLi!! and others worklog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah yeah forgot XD just gotta be a bit careful. if the tip does break you're better off buying a new iron haha. the regluar cold heat soldering tool would work great too and its 10$ cheaper I think. I just linked that one cause it was in my favorites list of things to buy.

i wanna know how voltmodding that x300 turns out haha. i've got one in my closet. was a darn good card. i don't know how it survived through the years of stress I had it under.

well w/ a lil money from my credit card... like 20 bucks (nope not my debit.. still waiting for the new :( ) i ordered my the retention kit for my scythe ninja and a lil tube of mx-2 thermal paste...

and not only that... sold the p5n32-e sli plus... and pretty much exchanged it for a regular p5n32-e sli.. not the plus.. so an actual 680i this time.. lol.. great spend i've done.. spent like... 30 bucks in the process of all this :)

100_7795.jpg

here's how it'll look once i get the retention kit.. lol i just kinda place it on top.. haha

100_7804.jpg

100_7842.jpg

100_7841.jpg

chipset definitely runs cooler on this board... and i don't have to constantly reset cmos anymore.. it takes my ram at 2.3v and runs em 3-4-4-14 2t w/o a fuss and treats me well.. as for finding the fsb holes.. i've yet to try.. i don't wanna oc at all.. seeing as i'm idle at about 47c which is terrible.. lol from taking the cpu out and hsf so much.. the thermal paste has gone to utter crap... and i'm getting terrible temps

*******edit*******

whoa, after further review.. i'm actually running 4-4-4-3 2t... wow!

4-4-4-3timing.jpg

probably why installing crysis is having errors! hahaha

3dmarkhaha.jpg

what 3dmark06 at 2.7ghz q6600?! hrmmm what?!!

my brother bought me the most awesome late bday present :)

what is this i see?!

bone stock gtx's! BUH HUH 575 core only!

100_7846.jpg

nice Nosboost, what you should do is make sure that both GTX's are at the same speeds because SLi will scale it closer to the smaller clocked card, so that could improve 3dmark06 performance some, also can't wait to see you push your Quad some more and get close to 20k or so?

well after realizing how much of a pain it is to overclock.... the dang cmos reset jumper is under the 2nd gtx... lol

so imma keep it at 2.7 for the meantime.. and play some games!! HAHA!

maybe just overclock the gtx's a bit w/ riva tuner and run 3dmark again.. i'll save the overclock-athon for another day

*****EDITED*****

WELP.. after doing some testing.. it seems i just don't have enough juice to run this thing!!!!!! i either have to have my soundcard out.... or not overclock anything to have my computer run SLi... at this moment i am very sad.. and trying to sell my psu....

i have found 2 replacements i'm looking at at XS... hopefully.. i can sell my current psu!

****edited again****

on the brighter side.. the scythe ninja w/ an intake and exhaust fan.. along w/ mx-2 thermtal paste is doing justice ;)

coretemp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom