Sli or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
Should i go SLI or just use 1 gpu pci-e? If i do get SLI, i will get dual Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT's. If not, i will either get 1 6600 gt or a 6800 gt, your thoughts?

Dual 6600gt's are not worth the money. Your best bet is to get a 6600gt from Evga, and use their step up program to get a 6800 gt. Or just get a 6800gt from the start.

SLi is being phased out. I dont think Intel makes boards with it anymore. There is really little to no performance increase. 1 6800GT will beat out two 6600GT's in SLi. Do like Trifid said, and either the 6800GT now or a 6600GT now and do the step up to the 6800GT later. Either way, go with an eVGA as they make the best.

One 6800GT would always be better than two 6600GTs in SLI, no question. I'd much rather invest some money in a high range card than spend the same on two identical midrange cards.

SLi is being phased out.
SLI isn't being phased out, mind you I'd like it to be more than anything else. nVidia is including bridging capabilities on all cards manufactured now, and with ATI crossfire being developed they sure as hell won't back out of the market now. Intel platforms didn't support SLI platforms until a short while ago, but this was simply because there wasn't an Intel chipset to support it. The Intel nf4 chips are out in full swing now and nVidia have no intention of pulling the plug on that nor do motherboard manfufacturers.

Sli is not being phased out, it's being OVERRATED. They think it's the best thing since the Pentium 4 came out. SLI has no performance increase, so it's better to spend $200+ on a 6800 that blows out 2x 6600's for almost $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom