Slaymate's Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he said it didn't work out or something. He traded it in for a TRUE...wasn't it a V10 he had before? Can't remember, getting these builds mixed up, haha.

What happened to that heatsink with the skull fan grill and stuff?

I still have it thou I put the Skull fan grill on the rear output fan. I used the 1366 backplate on a different PC but I'm sure someone can order a new one. Does anyone want to test the V10 out? I'll sell it dirt cheap, PM me.

I finally figured out why my system was acting screwy. One of the fans on the lower video card was touching the pwr/reset/hdd led/pwr led connectors just enough to keep the card from fully seating. The card plugged in and "clicked", but there was just enough pressure on it to cause problems.

I ran 3DMark Vantage in Vista64 and scored a 24752 - ORB - Compare

The fan in the power supply started making a noise so I've got a new 140mm fan to replace it. The power supply is a little more than a year old so I'm a little surprised the fan is going out already. I also bought a couple 60mm fans to cool the mosfet heatsink. I'll paint them tomorrow. And I've got enough black Lian-Li thumbscrews to replace all the silver ones. Expect a few new pictures in the next few days :D

Edit: Been playing around with my overclock. It's running solid at 4 GHz with HT turned off. It jumped my 3DMark Vantage score up to a 26090 :D

ORB - Compare

That's amazing! The artwork isn't really my taste though. One question, isn't it bad for 4 pounds to be hanging off the side of the motherboard like that? Just seems like it would be a lot of tension. Or does it have other mounting spots to it also?

It's heavy but it seems ok. I've moved the PC around on it's wheels, I've even loaded it up in the car and drove it to my office a few times. So long as I don't pick it up and drop it I think it will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom