Simple OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
Since so many people have overclocked their systems, I'm thinking that there has to be a simpler guide to overclocking than the one thats stickied. Isn't there some software to just increase the FSB speed or something? I know theres more to it than just that, like increasing the voltage and stuff, but the stickied guide just seems so complicated.

if it seems complicated then perhaps you don't need to try overclocking... It's not meant to be user friendly dude...that's the whole point of it is going out of your way to learn a lot about your computer, how it works, what it takes to make it work and keep it stable and then pushing it beyond it's limits.

programs like Clockgen will allow you to OC within windows, but that's not a safe way to do it...if you don't want to take the time to learn how to OC, learn the layout of your BIOS and what most of the options do and how to OC your computer through the BIOS then you shouldn't bother.

Ironically, going through the BIOS and using the more difficult procedure will actually be easier and safer than using a windows or user friendly program in the longrun.

There is no "easy" way to overclock and there are no shortcuts, you need to learn what you're doing and what needs changing or you'll run into problems.

Nubius said:
going out of your way to learn a lot about your computer, how it works, what it takes to make it work and keep it stable and then pushing it beyond it's limits.

Gaara said:
There is no "easy" way to overclock and there are no shortcuts, you need to learn what you're doing and what needs changing or you'll run into problems.

This might take longer than I expected then...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom