Simple Laptop BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
I am a semi-gaming enthusiast just like most gamers who are into overclocking of their computer. However I only have an average knowledge of computer hardware as well as performance tweaking techniques.

Firstly I am gaming on laptop. I have read about gamers who enter into their computer BIOS and adjust the clockrate as well as graphic settings. But my laptop has a rather simple BIOS! There are no options for me to configure and adjust the clockrate nor any settings avaliable for me to overclock the laptop. The BIOS basically only display general information and there are no further details about the graphics or the ram nor any time and date are displayed. And the only few things that can be set are the device to be booted and some security functions.

Can anyone explain to me about this?

Do I need to upgrade the BIOS firmware and how do I go about doing it?

Many thanks!

laptop bios are normally lock out as increasing clock rate (Over Clocking) increases the heat out put of the chip - which is why we allways say increase your cooling systems first but this is difficult in a laptop as size is an issue- bottom line laptops - great for basic to gd games if you get the right one but nearon imposible to OC!

Yeah I would not recommend overclocking a laptop at all. Laptops can have a hard enough time handling heat at stock speeds and if you start to bump that up you can run into a host of problems. If you want to do it safely make you can only go up a little bit which won't net you much of a performance gain. What type of processor and graphics do you have? ANd what brand of laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom