Side mount case fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve max

Baseband Member
I have two fans in my case. One in back up high exausting and one on the floor of the case bringing in air, which I think is a bad spot to put a fan, but thats what I got. The power supply (thermaltake 420 watt ) which has two fans. I was thinking about putting another fan on the side panel as a additional intake. Will this disrup the airflow I have or will it help. Case temps are ok but just would like to see better temps. If a fan on the side is a good idea where is the best place to mount it. Low or over a particular spot ie. vid card, cpu. Thanks for the help in advance.

yea go for it, throw one in the center on the side panel, that'd be a great place, or just go for a new case, might wanna look into that, could get a fairly nice case with good air flow for only 50 bucks.. go check it out, look at xoxide.com, that's where i went to get mine

Well I took one of your suggestions MicroBell. I put the fan right at the video card about 4inches off the bottom of the case. I could not believe the temps I get now. Idle 36c and it was 41c before this is with the fans controlled at the lowest setting. Case temp dropped the same 5c. So the fan on the bottom of the case was starved for air, I just have to get a fan grill to keep little fingers out of it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom