side fan added to my Lian Li case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's chugging away in the system :) I'm using my test PSU though to power the fans and pump so all air bubbles are out and to double check for leaks, so there's absolutely no power going to my mobo right now. Man am I paranoid as all hell. Anytime I take out the motherboard I am muchless with water cooling. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow though, don't believe my friend will be comin over tonight. So basically everyone will get the up and running pics :p

Not like anyone needs a pic of the block..then the pump..then rad or anything like that anyway. That's what reviews are for :p

I'm just gonna get pics of it running in my system. Tell of my experience, what I did as far as hooking up the 2 rads if anyone cares, and report the temps and if any more OC was able to come from it.

On air the max I could hit was 2.8GHz, I'm wondering if perhaps on the liquid cooling if 2.9 will be possible. I think as it is 2.8GHz is a record for TF's XP-Mobiles OC's....of course you could always attempt to beat it :p , I'm sure you could with your new temps, try for 200x14.5 :D

I'm in no way responsible for any CPUs damaged during that attemp :) :D :p

I just did 200x14 to get that speed.

dayum....I dunno Nubius....I may try it but I doubt if my pc will boot...lol...I do great with fsb but once I get at 2700 or above it usually craps out. I have heard of mobiles hittin 3000 or more on phasechange or ln2 pretty regularly but I'm sure its with volt mods as well.

Well with 250FSB I doubt it'd be possible, but if you lower it to 200 for testing sakes I'm pretty sure you should have no problem getting up to 2.7 and past.

I've seen one mobile at 3GHz, not sure if he had phase change or what, but honestly with phase change I'd expect higher, Buuuut considering we've got 700MHz OC's as it is and 3GHz would be a 1.2GHz OC, I guess you can't be greedy and ask for more huh?

Damn, nice setup man. Yeah, im also a little jumpy about drilling 2 holes on top of my case. Im going to bring it to my job, since they have all the rite tools. The only thing left is the 2 holes, so i have to hurry.

Damn you Nubius...lol...You knew I would have to try it so I did and here are the results....I just could not get my computer to boot into windows at 2800 or above....grrrrrrrrr:( even with the vcore at 2.3 lol....but even at those insane voltages my temps never got above 55c....lol....any ways here are the screenies.

230times120im.jpg

240times1154mo.jpg

27006rj.jpg

225fsbtimes123te.jpg

the cool thing is after doing that and backing it back down my current temps are styling at 35c with all of the fans on low and quiet.:)

Codeine said:
Damn, nice setup man. Yeah, im also a little jumpy about drilling 2 holes on top of my case. Im going to bring it to my job, since they have all the rite tools. The only thing left is the 2 holes, so i have to hurry.

Thank you sir....Your rig is looking good as well....I know it has to be killing you to have to wait for other parts to finish it off....I know I'd be anxious as h3ll. Just take it slow and easy on the drilling and everything should be fine....sounds like you already have it planned out nicely anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom