Show your case mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A old pic of my box when i had my x300se my old raidmax case and my old HDD's not in raid

P8080002.jpg

P8030045.jpg

lol yeah I never mentioned that, I just was correcting what some other guy said, but it's not like you're the original owner of the idea or anything...so it was more of your 'suggestion' not original idea
I never said that it was my idea of originality, but he was giving yall the credit for somethig i mentioned. I dont really care, but i would apreciate the fact that i said it not yall and if your gonna give credit to somebody at least give credit to the right guy.

And that is debatable at times...
Sorry, y'all. This was a really bad way to make a joke. Didn't mean to stomp your toes, Nubius.

I can really be a big jerk at times, without even trying.

I made a computer case out of Legos :D

lego0016.jpg

lego0015.jpg

lego0012.jpg

lego0009.jpg

lego0001.jpg

Not only is the outer portion of the case made completely out of Legos, but the entire internal structure is as well. This includes drive cages and support beams! Even the power button is enhanced with a lego piece attached to it (it's the small blue button on the front next to the fan).

No glues or adhesives of any sort were used in making this case either (except for a small piece of ducttape, but it's not doing any good anyway). Fans are held in place by Legos alone as well. The only screws that were used were for mounting the Motherboard onto the side, and for holding the fan grill of the top fan in place.

The large box on top of the case houses the Power Supply, as this design makes the case much more sturdy.

Some of the computer components are older than the Lego Case, as I just transferred the parts from my old computer case into the Lego Case. A few months after the Lego Case was built, I upgraded both the RAM and the Video Card. The endeavor itself was really quite easy, due to the fact that I installed a neat latch system (entirely out of Legos as well) which allows for me to remove the window very easily so I can access the Motherboard.

The following components are in the Lego Case:

Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X with onboard sound (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131455)

CPU: AMD XP 2100+ OEM

RAM: 2X256 megs generic PC 3200 RAM, 1X512 megs generic PC 3200 RAM

Harddrive: 120 Gig Western Digital, 7200 RPM, 8 meg cache (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144165)

Video: NVIDIA XFX 6800 GT 256 meg card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150102)

Fans: Thermaltake volcano 6 heatsink, and 3 standard 80 mm case fans

Power Supply: Antec 450 watt Smart Power

DVD Burner: NEC 16X (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152047)

DVD ROM Drive: I have no idea, I just ripped it out of my old HP computer. It has a max read speed of 16X.

Various old ribbon cables, blue cathode light tube, power connectors, etc, etc.

I really need to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard, as they're nearly 3 years old and I doubt I'd be able to play the upcoming Elder Scrolls: Oblivion on my current computer without sacrificing a lot of graphic quality.

The Lego Case took me about 10 days to build, and I spent about 50-55 hours on it. I estimate I used about 3000 Lego bricks to build the Lego Case. I constructed the sides first, and then connected those together. After that, I installed the internal components, and finished the case off by installing the top after all the components were mounted safely inside. Ibuilt the case because my mom was thinking about selling all my old legos from when I was a kid and I wanted to build one last thing out of them. Well, one thing led to another and I then found myself building an entire computer case out of them. It would have gone a lot faster if I didn't have to sift through all the extra pieces to find the perfect piece to place next. I did add in a row of venting holes along the top part of the case, so as to keep it cooler.

That's about it. I'm build a brand new computer in about a month, so after that the Lego Case will end up being a server (I'll be selling off the graphics card because a server doesn't need a 6800 GT).

whoa thats very cool is it a case under the legos? i didnt read the whole thing there lol but man thats cool does it float??

He built the WHOLE case out of legos w/ no screws to hold it in place. thats why you gotta read it man. Anyways, very very nice and i was hoping to do the same thing. I have no more legos but all well, whatcha gonna do? I dont intend on buying any soon so i guess that project wil have to wait. I did mod an HP case to my standards and as soon as my teacher will let me borrow one of the digi cams from Photography class i will take some pictures.

Yeah, the Lego Case was a fun project. I entered it into the Newegg case mod competition, so hopefully it'll end up making me some money.

Im glad i didnt enter this month. I was going to but didnt get a good camera in time. Im glad i didnt now though, cause your lego case would Pwn mine bad.

I've seen plenty of cases out of legos but this is the first time I didn't see it via googling it up or something along those lines.

Good job on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom