Show your case mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yea thanx, got the idea from Nuibus though, so Kudos to him
Yeah if memory serves me correctly I believe that you flamed me in one of our many arguements over such 'ghetto fan placement' :rolleyes:

What's the advantage of tying the fan to the side?
Well it's kind of obvious isn't it? It's not for decoration. In his case he has it blowing on his graphics card, but since it's so big it'd also help a little on the CPU.

I have one for my chipset and mosfets.....for anyone who wonders what the highlighted thing is, it's a 12" 3-pin extender that I put on my CMOS for easy resetting

setup.jpg

P.P. Mguire said:
Whats the advantage of having an intake on the sidepanel? Same as having one zip tied to the side.

I just figured it'd be less of a hassle rather than putting the fan on the door itself.

heres mine
its actually a pentium 3 system stock 800mhz ive got it at 1ghz right now

^^^shiny!

so let me know what you think
spent about 10 hours doing the modding

Yeah if memory serves me correctly I believe that you flamed me in one of our many arguements over such 'ghetto fan placement'
i flamed you for the faulty chipset fan because you bought a new board and the fan died on you. Not for ghetto placement. The ziptie thing is actualy a good idea and obviously i used it.;)

i flamed you for the faulty chipset fan because you bought a new board and the fan died on you.
I believe more correctly you said I was a loser for 'Not fixing my chipset fan and ziptying one in its place'

......as if theres a person on this planet who actually fixes fans muchless a tiny little chipset fan....besides if you check the DFI website just about everyone replaced that thing due to the fan either dying quickly or making an awful whining sound...plus come to find out the fans not dead, but regardless the thing made noise and sucked anyway

LOL - Nubius... It's a good thing your using water cooling, cause that PC isn't exactly a prime example of proper airflow...

That looks just like a box of spare parts/wire/components that i have at home... lol... sorry... :)

I wouldnt say that because i dont even know how to fix a fan if there even is a way of doing it.
Unfortunately I can't find the thread where you said that, but I know you went off on something insignificant and stupid.

LOL - Nubius... It's a good thing your using water cooling, cause that PC isn't exactly a prime example of proper airflow...
That's only a close up of the side interior...You'd need to see how the rest of my fans are placed to get an accurate assumption of air flow.

I've got two 130CFM 120mms on top that pull air out...they basically move more air than the rest of the fans in my system so believe or not, and as ghetto as it looks air moves quite easily.

But yeah it's not a pretty case, I know that

Nubius said:
Unfortunately I can't find the thread where you said that, but I know you went off on something insignificant and stupid.

That's only a close up of the side interior...You'd need to see how the rest of my fans are placed to get an accurate assumption of air flow.

I've got two 130CFM 120mms on top that pull air out...they basically move more air than the rest of the fans in my system so believe or not, and as ghetto as it looks air moves quite easily.

But yeah it's not a pretty case, I know that

Ok. Nubius, i'll take your word for it. I was just poking some fun at ya anyway... I'm sure your rig is chillin'... You're one of a hand full that knows what they are doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom