Should I get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
Came across this from Tigerdirect today. Wanna see what people think. I'm thinking about getting it.

Tigerdirect link

if it doesn't work, then it's:

Asus A8V Deluxe Via Socket 939 ATX Motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor
Price: $379.99
Less Rebate: - $100.00
Final Price: $279.99*

Add to it...

RAIDMAX Silver 10-bay Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "Scorpio 868

1GB (512x2) PC3200 Kingston memory

But now... what's a good Heatsink/fan for this thing??

:confused:

the cpu wont fit into the mobo, because the cpu is a socket 754 while the mobo is a socket 939.

The processor is socket 939, thus it will fit the motherboard (read before you post wrong information).

As for the orginal question the set up looks good, check on newegg first to see if you cant get a better deal there. As for heat sinks go to either xoxide.com or frozencpu.com.

That is wierd though that they are selling it as a combo and calling the processor socket 939. I think I would stay away from that one.

Nikkon, all of the other posters are correct. The only 3400+ processor in a socket 754 Clawhammer, or the mobile 3400+, which is also socket 754. AMD has never released a 3400+ which works with socket 939.

I am inclined to believe that are refering to a 3500+, based on the specifications of the "3400+" listed, but regardless, I'd stay away from it, you just can't trust a source that makes such a blantantly obvious mistake repeatedly on the same page.

My point is that they are no going to sell a bundled processor and motherboard that dont work together. The site says 939 .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom