Which should I consider as the better IDLE temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
waynejkruse10 said:
bios is more accurate than programs like MBM 5 or Asus Probe

That's yet to be proven to me. One thing that has been proven is external temperature readers using in top benchmarks. I did the temperature reading and the results were only 1°C off from the third party programs like SpeedFan rather over 15°C off like the BIOS reads.

I'll I'm saying is that I've never seen an accurate BIOS reading. Probably why all of the reviews I see on HSF's and new CPU's are all taken with a temp gun.

I would say it is as accurate, not more accurate.

It is running the CPU at the designated clock speed. Your computer HAS to have CPU power to just boot up, this is using the CPU and will cause it to heat up.

but just like nubius said, the cpu has to heat up because it is needed to perform to some degree to actually make the computer get into the bios.

I used one of my friends laser temp reader things and it read 35°C. So obviously in my case the BIOS was wrong.

you're bios might not be wrong. Just like nubius said, the cpu has to heat up because it is needed to perform to some degree to actually make the computer get into the bios.

Even still, my temp has NEVER gone over 44°C unless my house heater is on and I'm running Prime95. So I don't know. Even with a box fan and the side of the case off the temp said it's 46°C lol.

Oh well, maybe my BIOS reading is just that much worse than everyone elses.

I download SiSoftware Sandra and run it. But the probem is, it showed a completely different temperature. My cpu is 29C and my motherboard is 43C. How could that be?

Sh0r_ty said:
I'd have to agree with him. but just quickly what motherboard do you have cos the ABIT motherboards are prone to some serious problems in temperiture reading

MY ECS L7VTA has a SERIOUS problem to read temperature... he say that the CPU is 102 celcius, inside of the case is ok 30, and the sensor 3 (dunno what it is) is like 10-50 and it's moving really fast between these numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom