Should I bother with AM cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niverive

In Runtime
I have a AMD 5600+ Dual Core, with stock cooling (which I had upgraded slightly to a quiter fan) the hottest I've seen it run while playing some games is 56 C, is that too warm should I bother getting aftermarket cooling, it normally stays around 50 while playing games tho, or maybe I can turn my fan speed up somehow?

I was actually looking at that same fan for awhile thinking about getting it, I went ahead and ordered one from newegg along with some ArcticClean. Should be about a week before it gets here prob, I'll post my results in awhile, then I'll post my new temps once the stuff proofs and goes through a lot of cycles.

theres no need to fret about any temps lower then 70 on load... theres no reason to get aftermarket cooling unless your overclocking or wan't a more quiet or sexy solution...

theres no need to fret about any temps lower then 70 on load... theres no reason to get aftermarket cooling unless your overclocking or wan't a more quiet or sexy solution...

Most guys here would say otherwise, i wouldint even go anywhere near 70C or 60C, thats just too hot.

Yea, at 60C with my puny overclock, I get several issues, programs start to crash and it acts like a big overgrown space heater. I would honestly try to keep it as close as possible to 50C or lower....

Definitely go with an after market cooler. It's not that expensive, and it does make a noticeable difference. And they're a lot quieter.

Yea, at 60C with my puny overclock, I get several issues, programs start to crash and it acts like a big overgrown space heater. I would honestly try to keep it as close as possible to 50C or lower....

that probably wasn't because of the temperature... many stock CPU's come at 50 C load or even a 40 C idle... stability almost always has nothing to do with temperature unless your reaching safety throttling or shutoff temps...

a hot CPU won't actually increase room temperature at all... maybe by a few C? if you notice even with a hot CPU, your case will remain just above room temperature...

stability always has something to do with temps, when at 55C I get no errors, but once I get close to 60C I will have quite a few programs crash. If it didn't, then ****, why would people with really high overclocks and serious volts need water cooling or better? hmm?

because if the temps are too high then the processor won't function (it will be damaged or will automatically shutdown to prevent damage)...

let me rephrase what I said though, I didn't say it right... : temperature doesn't usually effect stability in most systems unless they reach dangerous temperatures (able to cause damage to the actual CPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom