Several Overclocking Programs-Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Several Overclocking Programs-Problem

Hey, I am having a bit of a problem with my computer.. I have several overclocking programs such as Coolbits, RivaTuner, Ntune, and Powerstrip. I orginially was overclocking with Coolbits, and everything was working perfectly. However, I installed the other programs after I had done some overclocking and after I installed one of these programs I had to restart my computer. When I restarted my computer, I ran 3dMark 05 and my score was even lower then my original 3D mark score when I had no overclocking! My computer performance decreased.. The thing is, I look at these overclocking programs and they all show different Core and memory clock speeds :/ Whats going on? how do I fix this? Should have probably looked into this, but now my computer is more screwed up then when I started..

Ps: I also mistakedly changed my memory clock frequency from like 300 to 850 at one point, pressed apply, and ran a 3dmark 05 test.. Do you think this damaged any parts of my computer at all?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to zerodayATK

i would sayy.. not really it shouldnt have damaged anytihng toobadd... but i would say pic one 2 and stick with it... i use atitool and powerstrip... ati to to set it unlimited .. and ps to shortcut it.....

Old 01-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to Pepsiboy700 Send a message via MSN to Pepsiboy700

1) I assume you have a N-Force chipset. If your computer wasn't pre-built and was custom made, do some research on overclocking and use the bios to do so. Also unstable overclocks of the video card and/or cpu/ram can result in lower 3dmark scores, lower performance all around, and a corrupt windows. The best programs to use for overclocking your video card is powerstrip/rivatuner to adjust the speeds and atitool to do artifact scanning. Just set the speeds of the video card to default in the program you overclock with. You are probably looking at the 2D and 3D speeds and thats why they look different.
i3 540 @ 3066 MHZ
4GB DDR3 1600 1T 9-9-9-28
2x 750GB
HD 5750 @ 850/2400
Thermaltake 630W
Antec Lanboy Air
Closed Thread