Setup of fans..

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero1424

In Runtime
ok just a quick question about a CPU fan, should it be blowing air onto the heatsink or sucking air out of it? both would make sense to me.. When I baught my CPU/mobo combo.. It had the stock heatsink/fan with the fan blowing air onto the heatsink. Is this correct?

and I'm gonna put two 78CFM 120mm fans on the top of my case, and I plan to turn my two current exaust back fans into intake. With that I would have a 188.5:121 CFM ratio... is that good, or should I change it to something like 220:90.5? I'm gonna try both, but anyone who has experience with this just put ur comments..

The fan needs to blow onto the cpu, and how about posting the amount of fans you have? you want a ratio of 2:1.. so probably the second one would be better

The fan should be blowing onto cpu heatsink...after installing an AeroCool fan mistakenly the other way I kept wondering why i still had temps of 42c idle....then I bought a another higher rpm fan, relized the mistake and now i have temps of 34-35c idle and max out @ 47c heavy load.

2x120mm fans though?! geez, its gonna sound like a hurricane.

I have 2x80mm intake in the back, 1x80mm exhaust, 1x40mm (self installed cuz it didn't come w/one) on vid card, 1x40mm (side flow) and 1x80mm (top flow) on the cpu, and the 2 in the PSU.......and all runs cool and quiet.....*shrugs*

unless you live in super hot climates and are overclocking, I don't see the need for more....

I don't care about noise. I have a sunon tornado coming.. So 120mm fans won't be shit. I usually have my headphones on for whatever I'm doing.. so It should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom