Settings in MSI Afterburner that I don't remember using before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

earwicker7

In Runtime
MSI Afterburner--What Do Power Limit and Graphics Processor Type Settings Do?

There is a slider in MSI Afterburner that I don't remember seeing when I did my overclocks a couple of years ago... under "Power control properties", there is a "Power limit" setting, with a slider from -20% to +20%. As of now, it is defaulting to +0%.

There is also a setting for "Graphics processor type" with a drop-down menu. It defaults at 1175 mV, but there are also settings for 1112mV, 1050mV, and 1025mV.

Should either of these be changed? If so, what do they do?

790a1b4d7dac25d064e82de5fb7844dd.png

I dont know what sliders your talking about mine looks like this, what version of afterburner do you have?
If i was you I would leave them untouched and do your overclock, if your graphics card crashes and reverts back to default on different overclocks that should be stable then i would look at changing those two settings if it seems they are causing it to crash.

I'm using the 2.2.0 Beta 14... this is in the settings screen.

View attachment 5209

And I know that "Unlock Voltage Control" isn't checked... it will be once I figure out what this stuff does.

EDIT--Does anyone know how to get that picture to be larger? I've resized it multiple times.

Attachments

• afterburner.jpg
    afterburner.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,019
I managed to find out... the power limit is similar to the control in CCC, so it controls the envelope for maximum wattage. If you're overclocking and you have a decent power supply, it should be at 20%.

The other one has to do with ASIC quality... it's hard to explain, so you may want to Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom