Setting up my card

Status
Not open for further replies.

socav

Baseband Member
I finally first got my 'real' video card, and I'm getting kind of lost with all the settings and applications and everything. I have an MSI 6600GT. I also picked up an MSI motherboard (Socket 754).

There's this application called nTune. Should I use this? If so, what settings should I choose?

I also have MSI Digicell and Core Center. They seem like pretty cool utilities. Should I mess with any of the settings or just let it be? I did get Cool 'n Quiet up and running.

What other utilities should I get? Such as a benchmarking program, etc?

I want to overclock eventually, but I need to let the card burn in first.

The driver I'm using is the latest GeForce driver from the nVidia website. Is that the one I should be using?

Thanks.

EDIT: Now I remember the main reason for this post... When I go into nTune, I get this warning: "Your PCI clock is currently set to track the HT bus. If you adjust your clock for the HT bus, the PCI bus clock will change as well." Is HT hyper transport? And how do I adjust these settings?

nTune is just an application that comes with an nvidia card. It allows you to tweak with your card alot, select different settings..etc.. You can use it if you want...it might be a good idea if you decide to run dual monitors or something that might need to be adjusted.

When you bench with an MSI board, you will want to disable cool and quiet, but don't do that until you start benching.

The latest drivers are good for the video card, and for games, etc..etc but if you plan on going for some high benchmarks and putting them on the ORB you will need to roll back to some older approved drivers.

As for bench programs anything within 3DM01-3DM05 and Aquamark3 is good. SuperPi to test the RAM timings, and that's really it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom