Setting AA/AF How Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
Since i have recently installed a 6600gt I have been able to adjust my AA and AF in the settings menu. I have a few questions concerning Antialiasing and Antistrophic filtering.

When I set, lets say 2xAA/4xAF in the settings, will this apply to all 3dgames played, even directX 8 and lower games?

If my settings are 2xAA but then I change it to 4xAA in the HL2 game menu, which does it use?

And why do people use twice the AF than the AA?

Does anyone know of any artciles explaing what AA/AF are?

Ace No-Money, when you ajust the Cards options, that does not apply to all video games. When you change the settings in a video game, those apply. Some video games the card can tell to run at x6 AA ect. Most they cant. But when you raise your video card settings. Then that would apply for desktop use and movies.

The reason people use twice the AA or AF, is becuase depending on your video card, one will stress your system more. Personally. i would keep them even.

I always run at 16X AF and 12X AA (temporal)

You can't keep them even because the AF goes up to 16X and the AA only goes up to 12X on ATI cards and only 6X on nvidia cards.

dale5605 said:
I always run at 16X AF and 12X AA (temporal)

You can't keep them even because the AF goes up to 16X and the AA only goes up to 12X on ATI cards and only 6X on nvidia cards.

yea, and on 6600gt's, it only goes up to 4xAA

if you're playing stuff like cs:s, you can easily play 4xaa 16xaf

Hell, just raise them all the way. If you have a problem, slowly decrease them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom