Selecting location for my 240 Rad in my Cooler Master ATCS 840 case

Guttzu

In Runtime
So I'm buying a 680 VC and adding a water loop to my setup and need some advice on where to put the new 240 rad. I am planning on getting the RX240 rad and I have an ATCS 840 case. I have seen guys cut some of the HDD rack out and mount the rad to the bottom of the case and have the 2 fans in a "pull" configuration on top of the rad. I have also seen people run the rad on the 2 fans that are attached to the HDD rack so they are in a "push" configuration. I guess either way there is going to be warm air blowing into the case. Does anyone have any testing on this or would the difference between the push or pull configuration of the fans not really matter or the location of the rad not really matter? The cleanest way to run the rad would be to mount it to the 2 fans on the HDD rack so I wouldn't have to cut into the rack to mount it to the bottom... Just curious and any ideas would be appreciated. I have a dual bay rez by XSPC that has the pumps mounted to the bottom of the rez so the tubing is going to the bay...

Back
Top Bottom