Screen Sticking problem (please help this REALLY is driveing me nuts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajdeathgiver

Baseband Member
Hey All thanx for looking

first off if this thread is in wrong topic my Appologies i couldent find a catagory that fit
(i have no objections to this thread being moved if needed)

So on to the problem.

Ok im a big FPS (First Person Shooter) fan, games like CoD 2 and UT 2004 etc anyway for last month or 2 ive been haveing this problem when im in game moveing around ducking and diveing dodging and weaving the screen just sticks for a split second and then carrys on normally and it happens like once a minute and as any hardcore fps player will tell you, that is completely unacceptable not to mention down right anoying

ive tried all ways to fix this, running all of my respective games in the lowest possible graphics setting i even tried a full restore (xp pro) ive tried a few outhers but i wont say what they are as a fresh perspective without reservations of what ive allready tried might help.
my system specs are as follows

im running

(CPU) P4 3 gig hyper threader (Socket 755)
(CARD) 256meg ATI Radion 9600 xt4 Pro
(RAM) 1gig ddr1 400 mhz
(BOARD) Asrock 755Dual-VSTA/A/ASR
Standard Bios (no sure of version its the one that came with it ^^ )

obviously All the latest drivers for everything. Oh yeah And op is XP PRO

Any help is greatly appreceated i practivly live at my pc and all i do is play games unless im at work and its causing a major disruption to my life not to mention my game scores so whoever comes up with a solution YOU D MAN! thanx peace out^^

Nothing over clocked

ive been running Avg and spy sweeper both have real time protection however ill give it a scan on both fronts even though its a relativly new windows install

but if im honest i dont think thats the problem personaly i think the problem has something to do with my graphics card and the catalyst control centre but nothing i have tried with the settings in it has helped

Anyhow thanks for the input much apreceated

keep it comin ;)

This might not help at all, but I had a HP not long ago with specs similar to yours. P4 2.8, 9600se, 1GB RAM. I guess some of the fans on it were automatic, and whenever they turned on in-game due to heat, my screen would stick for at least a second.

RalliArt882 said:
This might not help at all, but I had a HP not long ago with specs similar to yours. P4 2.8, 9600se, 1GB RAM. I guess some of the fans on it were automatic, and whenever they turned on in-game due to heat, my screen would stick for at least a second.

Was that a regular thing ie once every few mins or once a game?

It was every few minutes. The fans would turn on, screen would stick, then turn off, screen would stick ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom