This Scared Me! Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MicroBell said:
Holy cow...an Athlon system with a underpowerd PSU and no fans...LOL. Personally I would take this back to whoever you bought it from and tell them to add case fans. Unreal they sold it to you like that.

If thats not an option..then adding 2 fans....1 in the back blowing out...and another in the front (Under your HD rack) sucking air in would improve temps. As was suggested (by EK I think) you may have to replace that stock heatsink/fan on the CPU if these fans don't reduce your CPU temps enough.

The 3352 is in RPM. Revolutions Per Min. Even thats a middle speed fan...as mine (Running max) is 8035 RPM.

Well, that's what I will do then. Getting two fans. However, I am trying to find out the diference between the cheap fans from the more expensive ones. I heard ball bearing ones last longer but are noisier? Is that right?

Cappy said:
i agree with microbell .The builders of this system iether dont no what there doing or they plainly took adavantage of there customers. 1 fan in the front pulling air in and 1 in the back sucking air out will definately help. Use compressed air to clean out the whole system including power supply.You should clean your system at least once every 2 months.
The power supply looks like a real cheap 1 as well , what did you pay for this system ?
Heres a crude test to see if heat is the culprit.Remove the side panel , place a 19-24 inch fan next to the system blowing air in
Load up the game and play as usual .See if it still crashes .

Yes, I went for a budget system. haha But the two case fans won't cost me too much. I just don't want to have to replace the CPU fan.....it's not the price but more the switch out the old fan and putting the new one in....worries me......not willing to touch the CPU.....haha

BTW in case I missed someone else addressing these points...

Shrapnill said that the front intake fan wouldn't produce enough airflow...well I have a case that covers up the front fan as well. There SHOULD be an opening on the bottom of the front cover of your case. That is where air can be pulled in. I have an 80mm intake fan in there and it pulls in plenty of cool air. So much so that my 60mm exhaust fan in the back doesn't even blow out warm air anymore!

Secondly, I have 2 case fans, both are 3-prong plugs that attach to the motherboard, and they work fine. You can always get a 4-prong that will attach to a spare PSU but I imagine the mobo 3-prongs are fine.

True_Orb said:
BTW in case I missed someone else addressing these points...

Shrapnill said that the front intake fan wouldn't produce enough airflow...well I have a case that covers up the front fan as well. There SHOULD be an opening on the bottom of the front cover of your case. That is where air can be pulled in. I have an 80mm intake fan in there and it pulls in plenty of cool air. So much so that my 60mm exhaust fan in the back doesn't even blow out warm air anymore!

Secondly, I have 2 case fans, both are 3-prong plugs that attach to the motherboard, and they work fine. You can always get a 4-prong that will attach to a spare PSU but I imagine the mobo 3-prongs are fine.

This brings me to the next question. Someone told me that I should get case fans that draw power from the powersupply and not from the MB. He said it's a better choice because fans draw a lot of power.

Does he have a case? Also, how many case fans can I attached to a MB usually?

I think I'm almost done with my questioning. I will decide what exactyl to get and do very soon.

Um guys going back to centropolis' original query. The serious error message is actually used by cheaters in the game. If u can remember the game, even tho im sure its happend many times since, was u winning? Certain players in generals can cause mismatch error and serious error. There is also the scud cheat to worry about. Only reason im replying to this is to hope u never bought a new fan. The people on this forum obviously do not play the game. I jus had a "serious error" believe it or not b4 i wrote this reply. When i logged bak in the 2 team mates who i was playing with were also offline. Their names came up on the communicator a few seconds after me. They also received the same message about over heating. Coincidence?... I think not. Generals is a very buggy game, you will be lucky to connect to a multiplayer game due to the dreaded firewall message. Generals loves to say it cud not connect due to a player having a firewall. Then wen u remake the game with the same people it connects... strange huh. No not really jus EA and their bugs.
So in short ur fan is fine, the game jus sucks. :p

BountyHunter I do have the game and I've also gotten that message before. the cuase of my problem was from glitchy detonator drivers. Centropolis try re-installing your video card drivers.

Honestly man if your not overclocking at all and don't have multiple hard drives and such you probably dont need to upgrade your heatsink/cpu fan. add some out take fans thats probably whats doing it. do you have any out take fans? cause if you dont all the hot air is getting blown away from ur cpu into the case and it cant really escape anywhere but ur PSU... i suggest installing a few outtake fans it will cool your cpu temp quite a bit. i have 2 outtake fans not including the high powered one my psu has and i get about 48 degrees celcius and i run a 3000+ with 2 hd's a few drives and a decent video card. try getting a outtake fan or something it should make a big difference.

same thing happened to me it is an overheating video card,and or cpu,mine was an overheated video card,that game takes alot of juice to run properly and if your video is oced than that is what it was and if your card has no cooler on it that is it,in my case the fan went out on my 5900,I replaced it and no more problems,and ive been playing generals since it 1st came out.And btw mine said the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom