SATA II vs Raid setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty090

Baseband Member
Hey,
I see a lot of the guys's sigs with high end machines most often running Dual Raptor HD's and such.

My question is from a benchmarking standpoint would I see very much difference between my current 7200 RPM WD HD and upgrading to install windows to dual Raptors or Dual something SATA II with 10,000 RPM?

Thanks!
Smitty

You would see an increase in a benchmark only if the HDD was included in the benchmark. But you will notice the difference in gaming and loading times for things.

Sorry, that is kind of what I meant. I was just going from memory from last time I was searching to buy HDs and saw some that were 5400rpm, 7200, 10000 etc.. then of course ATA, SATA, SATA II etc etc...
I will admit though I dont know the difference between raptors and regular drives so I will definitely do some looking into that.
You did answer my question though, exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!

One more question.. when my mobo boots both drives show up as ATA 133 right after the memory test.. of course when it searched for drives it finds them under SATA 3 and 4. Does this possibly mean I have them set up wrong?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom