sata hard drive wont show up in my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
ok i ahve 1 ide port and 4 sata slots i have 1 hdd sata and 1 ide. whats wrong here? My computer recognized it but didnt show up in my computer

what do you mean it recognized it. At what point was it recognized because SATA drives wont show up in the BIOS.

Have you made sure the SATA/RAID controller in the BIOS is set to enabled and you installed the SATA drivers?

Was the SATA meant to be a backup drive or your primary?

alright it said new hardware found in my trey. well i have to take my file from my old hard drive and copy them over to this sata and then reformat the old hard drive copy back make the sata the primary

Well now i got windows installed on the new one and now it wont pick up the second one(the old one) ill tell ya how ive got it set up.

ide master cd drive
ide slave hd with no operating system(old hard drive)
sata slot 1 new hard drive i
is that right

Well it can't really be wrong unless you don't have your jumpers set the way they should be on the CD drive and HD that's on the IDE cable

IDE should be set to master, assuming you have nothing else connected to that particular IDE bus.

edit - Your SATA drive won't have a jumper, since only one device can be connected to each SATA connection, each device defaults as master. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom