SAPPHIRE Radeon X800XL ULTIMATE(any good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissanspecv04

In Runtime
Well as some of you know I fried my x600 a couple months ago. Ive been using a pci Nvida 420 64MB card since then. Well Today I have the option of buying this Card for 200 bux new from a friend. Im trying to find some reviews online about this card and was curious as to what you all think about it. Thanx in advance.

200 is a pretty good price. But I've heard nothing but disappointing things from owners of x800 series cards. BUT, on the other hand, the price is right, and the performance is going to be a good bang/buck. I think I'd rather get a 6800GS for 200 bucks though.

Ryan

6800GS is much faster than the X800XL and it is $200 also. It is pretty much on par with the 6800GT when it comes to speed. Believe me, the X800 cards are abysmal trash, don't get them. Go for the 6800GS.

Here again i believe the XL can whoop up on my 6800GT (ultra). That is actualy a very good deal TBH w/ you. It has VIVO so i believ you mihgt be able to flash it to XT but that could be just an X800pro thing. Either way that XL card is actualy **** nice and im sure you wouldnt want to wait on S&H either right? I also believe you can OC the hell out of that card as well. Either way a 6800GS or that card is a good deal either way.

THe X800XL in benches stock whooped on the 6800GT. Also im sure that XL would OC further w/ the massive heatsink that comes on it. Look at t this way eVGA OCD (6800GT) < Leadtek OCD (6800GT). Why? The massive copper heatsink covering everything.

As much as I hate to tell you this P.P., you are wrong about the X800XL being a good overclocker. In fact, the X800XL is known for being a terrible overclocker. Its the X800 Pro VIVO you are thinking about. The X800XL is already 16 pipes so there is no reason to flash it. The architecture just wont allow overclocking to XT speeds.

thanx for all the info everyone. It gives me something to think about. I dont have an option of buying a 6800GT for 200 bux from anyone but I can always save money. I found some reviews online and found that the xl ultimate can be overclocked with the core going to 452MHz from 400 and 567MHz memory(or 1134 effective) from 500MHz I think thats a pretty good overclock for that card

no no no not the 6800GT the 6800GS that whoops the 6800GT for about 100 dollars less :D

make sure when your checking the OCing from other people, make sure its on stock not DI cooling :classic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom