Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro or ATI Radeon 9800 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
I saw both of these on newegg.com, and I noticed that all the specs are the same, but there is a price difference.

A knowledgable friend told me that the Sapphire isn't an ATI card, therefore its dependibility and performance are suspect.

More feedback please? :)

*shrug*

The price differemce is negligable (~10) and honestly theres no real big difference in em. Maybe youre lookin at the OEM saphire vs. the ATI retail?

Look around Comp USA has the ATI AIW 9800 Pro
for $249.00 .Best Buy has the ATI 9800 Pro for $199.00

It's not OEM, it would say that in the specs, would it not?

That isn't the only confusing part though, I saw 2 different ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb TV-Out cards with the same listed specs and different price.

I mean I'd say I want to stay with ATI, but the Sapphire said ATI, also.

On newegg, it would say OEM or BULK at the end of the name.

I dunno what youre seeing that Im not tho... the price difference is $8.50 according to what Im looking at...

Anyway, only real rule is- stay away from OEM parts. Made with cheaper components and often lack crucial parts that are included with most retail cards.

Yeah I've heard that OEM is the Devil, and I do stay away from it, but I just can't figure out the difference between these cards!

no big diff orb. the saphires can be overlocked more. Ati...charges more maybe for the name. Like INTEL...:D

Having more overclock ability sounds like a good thing, yet it is cheaper...this doesn't sound right.

Anything sold cheaper and by a different company tends to be built cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom