safe tempreture

Status
Not open for further replies.

phake

Baseband Member
i have an amd athlon 1333+xp, overclocked to a 1.4. it is at 40 degrees C, is that a safe tempreture? can i put it any higher?

Yea thats fine. You can go to 55-60C before you really worry. It aint recommended or anything, but you can.

anywhere up to 60 for me id fine but once you cross that line i think you should worrie. Although Microbell he he begs to differ by being up to 75 is a safe temp becuase thats where they self shut down but i still think thats to high so we have agreed to disagree. good old bell should eat him like a big mac

My computer had a good amount of dust in it (that I will clean after I post this). Is this the reason why it randomly shuts down? How can I adjust the temp for my computer?

do you have an XP1500+ or is it actually an athlon thunderbird 1.333Mhz? the difference in normal operating temperatures are different. either way i say a 1.4Ghz is a pretty moderate overclock, push that sucker harder :)

lol, yes i do have a 1333+ xp, well im 99.99999% sure i do... i have now overclocked it to 1.43, ill have a look at the temp at the end of the day (its only 10am here in uk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom