=s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilew

In Runtime
This is the what comes up on the clock frequency settings on Coolbits

Pic

As you can see, on the 2D option the core clock is set to 300Mhz, however when I select the 3D option it goes up to 500Mhz. I'm a little confused, does this mean that at the moment the core clock is at 300Mhz all the time? Or does it increase to 500Mhz when playing games?

Pretty much...2D is when you're in Windows, GPUs generally operate REALLY hot therefore to remove a lot of unneccesary stress the core is downclocked when it isn't needed under 100% load conditions

I've always wondered what the effect on the silicon is from the core constantly speeding up and slowing down over and over again...I assume that nothing particularily bad happens but the constant expansion and compression of the silicon can't be good exactly...

Thanks :) So, when overclocking it, I should switch to the 3D mode first, right?

Yes, you shouldn't even touch the 2D mode as it isn't going to effect your performance at all whatsoever

well with our water cooling though it doesn't expand as much...however I've put my 2D at 400Mhz instead of leaving it at 350...because I don't like the thought of my card going from 350 to 450Mhz so I just rather it do 400 to 450Mhz and since heat really isn't a factor I'm not worried about 2D being "OCd"

...it uhhh just means my windows desktop FPS is higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom