Router Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

In Runtime
Does anyone know of or heard of a router mod? like i have a thermaltake Tsunami case black w/ side window and its pritty modded so far, im not done yet but i was thinking of modding my router into my case like maybe putting it in the back and using a pci slot for the access to the plugs so u can plug it into the abck of the case. I was just wondering if this would cause any problems (i cant see it causing any but not sure). the reason for this is that im always lanning and i always have to take my router with me and it would take the hassle out of one of the things needed to remember. after i put it in (attaching it to bottom of case with velcrow for easy removal if needed) i was thinking of making a diamond plate fram around like so u cant see the router, taking the cover off the router and cutting an 80mm fan spot in the diamonplate above the router and attaching a red LED fan to keep it cool (i know it doesent run hot or even warm but its still nice to look at). any idea's guys?

well u could always use those 3M innovation sticky thingies that dont ruin the paint on the wall lol! :p

that would be fine except for the airflow issue. it would take up a lot of room

yeha i was thinking about the airflow problem and i realized, i have a nice bit of space above my psu, enough to fit my router in tehre, cut the 6 holes for the cables on the back above my PSU and it will be perfect.

I was thinking of the exact same thing a while ago, I was wondering if there's something out there that plugs into a pci slot that would work as a router. I had the same problem , lan partys and too much stuff to carry around.

do what I did, put the router in a drive bay where a dvd burner or cdrw drive would go. . You have an aftermarket case so it probably came with the drive covers and you took those off. Well find one and measure what you need to cut out of it. then have your routher go through that. as for power either use one of you psu connectors or run the power cable through the top of your case, down the side and out of the back. It will take some time to do but it works, and worked for me :p

nissan, wanna get me some pics? i wanna see how you did it, and by the way, what case do you have? cuz i have the tsunami dream and it has the front door and i dont wanna have the door open 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom