Rivatuner walk thru? for a 4870...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I'd like to eventually try to OC my rig... Just using the AMD Overdrive software for now and that doesn't allow much..

But I'd like to tweak the fan speed of my Powercolor 4870 1G.. This thing gets really hot and I'd like to kick the fan up a bit before I go LC on it.

Is there a walk thru out there?? Got the program, opened/installed and I just feel lost..

^Hmmm.. I tried going into the program but I didn't see anything for Fan speed adjust. Just OC stuff. It's @ 1G.. I'm good where it's at..

I'll have to mess with it when I get back from CT on the 7th..

Yeah, it's called ATI Overdrive. It allows you to oc and adjust fan speed. I'm assuming you're in the advanced view of it right? :p

Did you check the little box to "Enable ATI Overdrive"? It's all grayed out unless you do.

click the little diagonally pointing arrow beside the card description then choose low level hardware OCing.. oyu'll get a screen like this

1178016956.jpg

just use the sliders or type in a number... go up by 10-20MHz each step (running 3dmark or something in between) until you start seeing artifacts

use the fan tab to adjust the fan speed to keep your card cool (check temps in hardware RT's hardware monitor)

How do I get to system tweaks? Not in my menu..

I uploaded something here, but I can't find it..

Meh.. I gotta pass out... gotta be up in 5 hours and I don't feel like driving 70 miles to El Paso to catch a flight with a hangover and no sleep.. I'll bump this when I get back home on the 7th.. If I remember..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom